How to Copy a Global Vertex as a Local Vertex

Hello! I have a global vertex with upwards of 200 attributes that is in an existing graph and am looking to put the vertex (with a few added attributes) in another graph - I know to add attributes I would just create a schema change, but I was wondering if there was a way to make a ‘copy’ of the vertex so I can change it without affecting the pre-existing one without having to create a whole new vertex and go through and add all 200 attributes. Thanks in advance!

@cmatheny2002 Are you working primarily in GraphStudio? There isn’t an easy way to “duplicate” in GraphStudio. That doesn’t mean there isn’t a way.

If you’re open to it, I can walk you through a way which includes “exporting the solution” opening the Zip file, pulling out the GSQL code, appending the new attributes, changing the graph name, then executing the GSQL code to your solution.

1 Like

I don’t know if you got your question answered, but I think there is a pretty painless way to do it as a schema change, if you are working at the command line level.

1. Print out the schema description of your vertex: SHOW VERTEX [optional filter]
  2. Do the simple text editing to create a local SCHEMA CHANGE job, containing the vertex + attributes definition from above.
2 Likes