When to use DROP JOB in Query Workflow

Hello, is it good practice to call DROP JOB x whenever I run CREATE JOB x ?

If x is not used frequently then I may forget it has been created. Is there a way to check if the job has been created already?

Hi Emackie,

There’s no need to drop jobs when you’re done with them unless you’re worried that they may get confused with other jobs when calling them in the future.

A job will fail to create if there is already a job with the same name existing on the server. You can view all currently installed jobs with the SHOW JOB * GSQL command. You will have to do this from within the graph space (USE GRAPH <GraphName>).

3 Likes

Thanks!

Wrt dropping jobs when I’m done with them… I feel it may be good practice as they may pollute the graph namespace. Do new jobs with the same name automatically overrwrite old ones?

TigerGraph will not allow you to create new jobs with the name of an existing job, so it will fail.

Generally I will keep my loading jobs during graph design and early exploration phase in the event I mess up the schema or otherwise need to reload the data. I’ll typically delete schema change jobs as soon as I’m done with them to prevent accidentally calling them again in the future.

3 Likes