TigerGraph Cluster installation

Tigergraph Cluster installation related issues

Hello,

I have several questions and requests on tigergraph cluster installation:

1. Can I run cluster installation from another vm? (not from one of the nodes)
  2. Could you please provide a complete list of prerequisites, including “tools” needed to proceed with the installation? I mean there is a list, but it doesn’t say which tools are needed on the nodes, and which on the installation machine.
  3. Why the installation script checks sshd config on the vm used for installation (PasswordAuthentication set to yes)?

I’ll add more questions when I proceed with the installation.

Hi @JakubP Welcome to the community! Glad to help!

1. You can remote access to your environment and run the installation
  2. You will need to install the following before installation. For the full requirements you can find them here
# Centos or RedHat:
sudo yum install tar curl cronie iproute util-linux-ng net-tools nc coreutils openssh-clients openssh-server sshpass

# Ubuntu or Debian (Except Ver 18.04):
sudo apt install tar curl cron iproute util-linux net-tools netcat coreutils openssh-client openssh-server sshpass

# Ubuntu or Debian (Ver. 18.04):
sudo apt install tar curl cron iproute2 util-linux net-tools netcat coreutils openssh-client openssh-server sshpass
  1. During deployment, the installation process involves running scripts and commands across multiple nodes. Checking sshd ensures that automated, password-less SSH access is set up correctly between the nodes, which is essential for the deployment and configuration scripts to run smoothly across the cluster. sshd config check during the TigerGraph cluster installation is a critical step to ensure that the SSH service is set up correctly for secure, efficient, and reliable communication across the cluster nodes.
1 Like