Problem With Louvain Community Dectection - Social10 Dataset

When I tried to apply Louvain Community Detection Library to Social graph, although the number of Community was found but Tiger did not visualize group on explore window.

What could be the problem? Anyone help!!. Appreciate all the answer. Ty

Hi @ducbui8 ,

Our Louvain does not produce a graph visualization currently. The Louvain in the library only sets the cid attribute on each of the vertices and prints high-level stats. The expectation of a graph viz output might be a misconception caused by how we present things in the docs which my team and I will work to make more clear.

For now, you will need to write your own GSQL, add to the Lovuain script, or view the Explore tab on GraphStudio to print a graph visualization of the Louvain communities using the cid attribute set by the algorithm.

Some algorithms in the library currently present visualization and some do not. We will work to help clarify the algorithm output expectations via our documentation. I will hold a meeting on this tomorrow.

We might provide native visualization to more applicable algorithms in the future, but there is no set timeline for those additions.

1 Like