Trying to install Dev Version, failing at step :Starting EXE

I have a problem installing tigerGraph as blow, how to solve it:

[PROGRESS]: 14:41:35 Installing system required tools …
[PROGRESS]: 14:41:50 Setting up env path …
[PROGRESS]: 14:41:51 Installing tigergraph.bin, this may take a while …
[NOTE ]: Obtained version of new platform: 3.0.5 [OK]
Creating directory /home/tigergraph/tigergraph/app/3.0.5
Verifying archive integrity… 100% All good.
Uncompressing Product: tg_3.0.5_dev 100%
Installing tigergraph.bin …
Building package …
Creating directory /home/tigergraph/tigergraph/app/3.0.5/kafka/plugins
Uncompressing Kafka Plugins Package 100%
Done.
Creating directory /home/tigergraph/tigergraph/app/3.0.5/bin/gui
Uncompressing UI Package 100%
Done.
[PROGRESS]: 14:42:38 start to sync
[PROGRESS]: 14:42:42 done syncing
[PROGRESS]: 14:42:42 Configure the platform, this may take a while …
[PROGRESS]: 14:42:42 initialize the gadmin config file
[NOTE ]: set replication_factor to 1
[PROGRESS]: 14:42:42 Set NumberOfHashBucketInBit Env value

[PROGRESS]: 14:42:42 Start tigergraph service, this may take a while …
[ Info] Starting EXE
[ Error] ExternalError (Failed to start executor(s); Failed to ssh to 127.0.0.1 with given credential; ssh: handshake failed: read tcp 127.0.0.1:53874->127.0.0.1:22: read: connection reset by peer)
[WARNING ]: Failed to initialize the tigergraph server, retrying
[ Info] Starting EXE
[ Error] ExternalError (Failed to start executor(s); Failed to ssh to 127.0.0.1 with given credential; ssh: handshake failed: read tcp 127.0.0.1:53892->127.0.0.1:22: read: connection reset by peer)

[ERROR ]: Failed to initialize the tigergraph server, please check the error message and initialize again.
Failed to install TigerGraph platform

Hi @ackerman,

what distro are you using?
The error message stated that there is no sshd started on your system or your user credentials are not correct. SSHd is needed for clustering, in a single node installation would not be needed but we have only one installation binary that covers both.

Best,
Bruno

Hi @Bruno,
Thank you for your reply。The distro is developer 3.0.5。I just want to install tigerGraph in a single node ,so can you tell me what should i do?

I ment your Linux distro …
Can you use Docker and/or docker-compose?

:sweat_smile: my Linux distro is:CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core) . Docker can not be used.

can you ssh into your machine with the same user/password that you provided for the installation script?

i can’t. I ssh into jump server and then log in my machine . so i can not ssh into my machine directly

that is the problem. we need a user that has ssh rights on the machine where TigerGraph is running.
Can you organiza a local ssh user on that machine? maybe you can add tigergraph user?
And this user would need sudo rights to.

The tigergraph user has been added during the previous installation, so I only need to add ssh rights to the tigergraph user, and then when I install again, I still select the tigergraph user, and Uninstall all legacy tigergraph platform in this machine, continue to install?

you just need to add tigergraph user to be able to ssh into machine. no need to uninstall anything, install script would take care of it.

ok, thank you vary much! :pray: