How to restore backup version 2.5.3 to current version of iocloud

I did a deep dive into TigerGraph 4 years ago which ended when Covid hit. I was using a developer license (good for 1 year) for and full installation of TigerGraph on a dedicated server I build just for this purpose. This server has been untouched for 3 years and I now have an opportunity to get back into TigerGraph and I have several challenges. This server has some graphs that I put a lot of time and effort into building some interesting graphs with complex queries. However, the TigerGraph server license expired about 3 years ago and I cannot access anything TG on it.

I need help with two things:

1. I have a backup of one of one of my TG databases and tried to restore it to a cloud account, however, I get a message saying it cannot restore a backup from version 2.5.3 to 3.8. Minimum version 3.0.

What is the solution to being able to retore this old backup?

1. If I were able to get permission (a valid TG Server license), what would be the recommended path to upgrading the 2.5.3 TG server to a version that I can make backups of the graphs which could then be restored to my tgcloud.io account?