Graphstudio Layout Resets after I add Edges

Hi how do I prevent Graphstudio from resetting my graph layout after every time I add an edge? This is such an annoying behavior that forces me to pull apart and reorganize my graph every time. Thanks for the help!

Hi William,

Thanks for the feedback! Which layout are you using when adding the new edge? Is it default layout or other layout like tree or circle?

Best,

Renchu

Hi Renchu thanks for getting back to me…

It’s currently in Tree Mode but it does that for all the modes. I have TG installed on a VM btw. Ever since I first started using GraphStudio I’ve had the same issue where saving or editing a vertex or edge will reset all the manual layout work I’ve done… I’ve saved the exploration view and tried to reload it hoping it will show my changes but it doesn’t work properly because it will overwrite any modifications I made by forcing the Graph to go exactly back to the state it was in when I first saved it the exploration view. So If I save explorer view then delete an edge and then try to reopen that specific Explorer View then the deleted edge will show back up… Very difficult to work this way.

Hi William,

Thanks for the detailed explanation! We will change the behavior in the next release.

Best,

Renchu