Data loading error from excel to tigergraph

Hi, I’m trying to load data from local file that is in csv format, my data has variables that are numeric, datetime format and string as well. While loading a data I can see that the data is present and when i try to explore graph in TG, i can see zero (0) values in front of it and no numeric data is displayed.

Note: I have set the type of variables to be INT,STRING : with STRING it displays but does not serve my purpose as I want to write custom queries which I’m not able to if I consider the value string.

Example of few variables i have consist of : income, age ,year(which i have converted in desired format needed for TG)

@mitesh_23 When I’ve run into issues like this I usually check the data types of the elements in the CSV. Normally I do this with a bit of python. I can create a script to help test your data types. Or if you have some python background it’s pretty easy to do in a few lines. How to check each column data type in csv python? - Stack Overflow

We can also jump on a quick discord room if you’re open to it. Just let me know.

Hi @Jon_Herke thank you for this , I was somehow able to resolve it, but is there any standard practice we can maintain for type in excel for say data time and string and integer.

For Example : Claim_Start_Date shall be in (Datetime format)

String such as City,State,CIN can be in (General Format)

Numbers Difference_in_Days have to be in (INT/FLOAT Format)

while the data is in Excel/WPS.

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes