Can I create a global secret for REST api access?

Hi,

My team has inherited an application that uses the TigerGraph REST api. The system is designed in such a way that each user has their own graph. Currently REST authentication is not enabled, but we would like to enable it.

My question is, can we create a global secret and then request an auth token that will provide access to all the graphs? We would rather not manage secrets for each user if we can avoid it.

Thanks in advance,
-Dave

Hey, Dave! Great to have you in the community!!

As far as I know, secrets are only created for a specific user and graph. However, there is an endpoint to generate a token from each user’s username and password if you want to avoid using secrets. (However, this token will still be graph-specific.)

curl --user example_username:example_password \
     -X POST http://localhost:9000/requesttoken \
     -d '{"graph": "example_graph"}'

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

So simple! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you Shreya for the quick reply!

2 Likes

Hi Dave @daver,
Could you please contact me? I am the sales engineer who was assigned to Kickdynamic (through whom you inherited the app) and I am now supporting Litmus. I would like to introduce you to the customer success management representative looking after Litmus.
Thanks,
Szilard Barany